Tuesday 29 May 2007

Blogger takes on crime website IOL

Blogger takes on crime website

July 07 2006 at 12:07PM

IOL reader Adam Barnes has launched southafricamoving.blogspot.com/ in response to the crime website set up by Neil Watson.

Barnes said: "After reading IOL's articles on the new website, I was disgusted with what Neil Watson is doing. I visited the website and found a large number of comments and letters which seem to praise him."

But Barnes doesn't agree with Watson's aim - to discourage tourists from visiting South Africa, especially during the 2010 Soccer World Cup.

"My positive comment was not published - instead I received an email from Mr Watson and told I was living in a dream."

This prompted Barnes to want to allow comments "from people like me who are refused to comment on Mr Watson's supposedly democratic website".

No comments: